Sunday, September 26, 2010

Handmade polymer eyes!

These were a lot of fun to make. The instructions mentioned it being difficult to set them in perfectly. Understatement! 
Well, this is a prim crow so her eyes can be wonky! This is still a major improvement over the black embroidered eyes. I decided to glue the upper lid to the head and the lower lid to the eyeball. The next pair (oh, yes there will be more!!!), I might concave the iris/pupil area before baking. 
I used the clear gloss varnish (Ceramcoat) and creating the cornea did not work. With a "divot to fill", it might work better. 
Now on to the clothing.... decided on a maroon dress and maroon and white gingham pinafore and bloomers.

No comments:

Post a Comment