Friday, November 16, 2012

Baby kimono set progress

Working on a custom order baby layette. It is taking longer than anticipated with so many distractions around the house. I lock myself in the studio at times.

I am always intrigued with this particular customer's color choices. She leans towards the non-traditional colors. Colors I would not usually select. And I (and she) have been well pleased with the results! The recipients have always been happy as well.

The pattern is Berroco's Free Pattern Pie. We're doing the sweater/kimono of this set and a pair of booties and hat from a different pattern called Ruffles For Kate. The booties won't have the ruffles.

The kimono is knit using Caron Simply Soft in Sunshine. The hat and booties will also be knit in this color. The blanket will be knit using Off White.

Will be working on the ties in Off White for the kimono. The closures are snaps and the ties are merely decoration.

I can't believe my first baby sweater was knitted in 2006. Less than a year after teaching myself how to knit.

The first photo shows the color the most accurately.

So, what colors would you consider???? I'd love to hear what colors you would choose and why.

Pieces ready for assembly.....

Shoulder and sleeve seams sewn......

All seams sewn, ready for snaps and ties....

No comments:

Post a Comment