Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Crochet Pumpkin Hats

Tis the season for Pumpkins, ghosts and black cats!

I have always loved Halloween. For me there are no evil connotations. I am all about fun. Cute kiddos in darling costumes. 

Unfortunately, we live in a rural area, so we do not receive Trick or Treaters. The fun I had making my son's costumes every year and taking around neighborhoods in the Phoenix area. Those days are long gone.

Now I concentrate on creating fun items for little ones and adults alike! The past month or so, I had been crocheting ghostie earflap hats and black cat and pumpkin hats.



The finished hats are in my Etsy Shop -
The newborn to three months size is available here.
And the adult 21" size is here.

The pumpkin hats have been very popular. They're fairly easy to crochet. Here a link to the free pattern via FaveCrafts http://www.favecrafts.com/Halloween-Crafts/Baby-Pumpkin-Crochet-Beanie.

I thought the newborn looked a little small, so in my hats I increased the number of stitches per row and did 25 rows. For adult hats, I started with 31 chains and 29 hdc per row and 40 rows. I also chose to do two additional rows of green at the top.

I have several sized listed in my Etsy shop. I have plans to try editing the listings, once Halloween is over, to reflect that these would be something fun to wear throughout the Fall season. Until I have an idea of whether they'll remain popular, I will likely discontinue crocheting the pumpkin hats after Hallowing.

This will be our first year of owning a black cat! Friday the 13th went very well. Slick does have about 15 white hairs on his chest and two long white strands of hair in each ear. So far, he hasn't been too much bad luck! Chewed wires on the pellet stove, which we were able to repair without too much trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment