Monday, April 04, 2011

"C" is for crochet hooks


Crochet hooks are one my tools of the trade. I have duplicates and even triplicates. I keep them standing tall in a jar.

I love collecting used vintage crochet hooks. They have a history behind each scratch or dent. Someone somewhere may have used this particular crochet hook to create a sweater for her grand-child. I’ve even spent time creating a story behind them. 

I have recently been blessed with crochet hooks and knitting needles my mother-in-law used. My sister-in-law gave them to me during their last visit with us. I didn’t have a really good chance at getting to know my m-i-l well, but I loved her and she loved me. I enjoy hearing stories about her from the family members.

With my hooks, I create baby sweater sets, Barbie doll fashions, doll clothes, afghans, doilie, slipper socks and so much more.

3 comments:

  1. My dad crochets up a storm. He made quite a few items for our girls as they were born and growing up. I never got into it. Never made the time for it.


    Gregg Metcalf
    Colossians 1:28-29

    Gospel-driven Disciples

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool. I wish I could do stuff like that but I've never learned how. I hope that more people learn in the future because it would be sad to see a skill like crocheting disappear.


    Dawn's Writing Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, love crochet :) as much as knitting! Lovely idea for C

    ReplyDelete